Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Inspiration

I am a firm believer that we get our inspiration from some of the most unlikely places and people.   I have had the opportunity over the past 8 years to work with an amazing group of veterans from The Mid Rivers Vietnam Veterans Association in St. Charles, Missouri and to be nominated twice by the Wentzville VFW Post 5327 as their Citizen Teacher of the Year.   I am humbled by their support and dedication to not just me, but to this next generation of veterans from Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom.   I have come to them in need of support for young veterans needing assistance with financial burdens and they have come through for me without question.   They have shown that a generation that was scorned and riddiculed because of their service to our nation (whether they had a choice or not isn't even an issue) in an unpopular war/conflict, are this generation's greatest untapped advocates and resources to fight the battle on the home-front.  The singer, Alicia Moore (Aka P!nk) recorded a song titled "I Have Seen the Rain."   It is a song, written by her father about being a Vietnam Veteran.   Listen to the words carefully...I Have Seen The Rain...  The men and women of these two organizations noted above, know who they are, and for me, they are truly my heroes for walking the path of not letting what happened to their generation, happen to any other generation again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment